Thursday, May 3, 2012

Thing Twelve






Thing Twelve

I am getting more comfortable with the idea of embedding code; that doesn’t necessarily mean I am completely comfortable with the actual task of embedding it. I’m sure it’s something that will come with time and the ease of having accomplished this over several hundred episodes of usage. J

Do you belong to other online communities? Yes, and no. I joined Facebook a bit ago (probably about a year ago) when one of my daughters sent me something, wanting me to do this. I set up the initial page, revisited it once or twice over the next few months. I even added some pictures one of those two times. Then, of course, I couldn’t remember my password, and the powers that be at Facebook locked me out. I haven’t been able to find anyone to contact for help, so I am just locked out – although, they keep sending me notifications about all the friends I have who have this or that happening. Hmmmm  I’m not sure if relationships online can be as meaningful as face-to-face ones. There is not the same empathy in play through technology, and that is huge in relationships. Then again, people are often more open if they don’t have to face the person with whom they are speaking, so maybe there is a positive there.

1 comment:

  1. Embedding code! You've come a long way!

    P.S. If you used a gmail or email account to set up your Facebook site you should be able to receive an email from them with password reset info. I guess you've probably tried this . . . see if one of your kids can help next time. I'm still dumbfounded when I read that the number one demographic group of Facebook users is women in their mid-fifties!

    ReplyDelete