Sunday, May 20, 2012

Thing Ninteen


Thing Nineteen

I have seen details about podcasts to be presented but never really looked much into them. I know school district administrators forward some of these podcasts on to us to watch if they find them important to their agendas. As I watched the information being presented, I found there were several of the podcasts mentioned that were very helpful to the students I teach every day. There are many of these podcasts that I would like to use and probably many more than I will ever possibly be able to use.

“National Geographic Podcasts” looks like a terrific place to send students for global connections. It even has a spot where you may choose a photo that turns the photo into a jigsaw puzzle. My mother is a puzzler and would even love these!

Merriam-Webster's Word of the Day – I really like how this adds to vocabulary. It’s a boost for anyone’s vocab background to add a new word each day.

 iZoofari Audio Tours from the San Diego Zoo – This one allows some great on-site experiences at this terrific zoo. This, and “Storynory,” are podcast connections I would recommend for my grandchildren for fun-filled, educational experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment