Monday, May 21, 2012

Thing Twenty-Three


Thing Twenty-Three

I feel like the skills I have learned through this course will allow me to be more comfortable with technology in the classroom, in allowing for more than the minimal experience. Instead of simply going to the computer lab to research atopic and type up a response, I feel now that I might be able to attempt a mini-blog type assignment. I may still be a little apprehensive, but that is to be expected with something new and different.

I would like to implement the use of blogging to some extent as a response tool. I still feel that students need to have some skill at traditional writing. There are many real world experiences in which traditional writing skills are still expected, and too many of our students do not have those skills. We need to take care to have a good balance of response methods for them to use in our classrooms.

Another activity that I have already begun to use is collaborative documents. I began to use these this spring at work as I accumulated student names for Spring Awards. It was fun to see if they really worked for me as I sent the lists along. They got where they needed to be!

I will try to keep up with Facebook, if only to see what my own children are doing.  Twitter, I’m not so sure. I think that may take a little too much valuable time that is really too much a valuable commodity for me.

Take aways? I still know that there is a lot more technology out there than I am ready to tackle. I also know that I am capable of tackling a lot more than I was a few weeks ago.   It’s all about progress. J

No comments:

Post a Comment